Did you get a tattoo(s) after your divorce?
I want to hear from you for an upcoming newsletter!
One thing I noticed when I decided to finally pull the trigger on starting my left arm sleeve last November (after thinking about it for 6? 7? years), it’s that a heck of a lot of ladies get tattoos in the wake of their divorce. “Oh no am I a cliché?” —Me
But I didn’t just notice it here in Vermont and especially in hot yoga class (lol, subsets), but also on social media and with women I didn’t even know. If this is you, I’d love to hear from you for an upcoming newsletter! This is for EVERYONE, subscriber or not! Well, not everyone, I primarily want to hear from women on this one. Sorry, men :(
• How old were you when you got your tattoo?
• What was your relationship status at the time (thinking of divorce or separation, in the middle of it, after)?
• Was it your first tattoo ever? Did you get more than one?
• What was the inspiration or story behind it (or them)?
• How did it make you feel? How did others in your life react?
• If it’s been a while since you had it done, how do you feel about it now? Regrets? Wish you had done it even sooner?
• What did it (or does it) signify for you?
• Or tell me anything else you want to tell me. You don’t need to answer all the questions above, only the ones that resonate with you. Share any stories, insights, mishaps you like!
Feel free to send photos and shout out your tattoo artist as well, I’ll be linking to some of my favorite images.
Thank you! x
HONEY STAY SUPER is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.